Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our great nation's capital


My first visit to DC was an interesting one. After getting shut down on a stage at Citronelle, I continued my run of luck by getting completely snubbed at Komi, another DC stalwart. After 4 days in the city, and still with no restaurant leads, I gave up my quest to cook there. Fortunately, Washington D.C. has much more to offer than restaurants.

Noteworthy stops included, but not limited to;

Lincoln Memorial

WWII Memorial

Washington Monument, Capital in the background


With all of the Smithsonian museums free of charge, we took full advantage. Natural History, Holocaust, Modern Art, American History, to name a few. The below picture is dedicated to my little sister, Kate, who is an elephant fanatic. Elephant freak. Elephant connosieur. You would have loved it!




2 comments:

  1. I've seen that elephant. Largest in the world, iirc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT ELEPHANT LOOKS JUST LIKE ONE I HAVE IN MY ROOM!!! plus the one im gonna buy and ride around on someday...

    ReplyDelete