Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Carmel -> Big Sur -> Santa Barbara - 251 miles

Carmel -> Big Sur -> Santa Barbara - 251 miles

The drive through Big Sur is absurd. I know its early, very early in the trip but Highway 1 is the best stretch of road in the US. I’m callin’ it. Mountains piercing the clouds on your left, and rolling panoramas of the Pacific on your right make it really difficult to watch the road! Fortunately I make it to Pfeiffer beach in one piece and hike up into the hills for lunch. Another gorgeous pit-stop...


Trekking farther south on Highway 1 comes with the mountains slowly leveling out into wide plains rolling right up to the ocean. Cows in all shades of brown are grazing in the long, lazy rays of winter sunlight. I feel like I want to stop and explore every couple of miles but I am on a mission to get to Santa Barbara before sunset. There is no time to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment